Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Shortest Blog Post Ever (maybe)

Together for the Gospel has been a great conference and I have been challenged and encouraged by some wonderful teachers. I must confess, however, that it is difficult to fight off envy. These men are so spirit filled and intelligent. It is hard not to wish for what they have; hard not to wish for something clever to say. 

Which brings me to this morning's conviction: am I reading your word for you, or so I can have something clever to say. 

Ouch. I confess it. Sometimes that is how I approach the word. Our challenge is to listen for what God is telling us for his sake; for his glory. Not so we can be found clever or build a platform for our book. That is all I think I should attempt to say this morning, and get back God, and only God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment